Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide those services to you. If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
We may collect the following types of information (which may or may not be personal information):
Information you provide to us or upload (including your contact details): we may collect any and all personal information you provide to us, like your name, mobile phone number, email address, delivery address, Blink Account details (e.g. your security related information, name, birthday, gender), order, invoicing details, materials or data you may sync through Cloud or other apps (e.g. Timeline, contact lists), information in relation to creating an account and participating in the Blink Forum or other Witworks platforms, phone numbers you insert into your contacts or to send a message, feedback, and any other information you provide us.
Device or SIM-related information: information related to your device. For example, MAC address, IMSI number, Android version, iOS version, device manufacturer details and model name, network operator.
Information specific to you that may be assigned by us: we may collect and use information such as your Blink Account ID.
Location information (only for specific services/functionalities): various types of information on your location. For example, country code, city code, mobile network code, cell identity, longitude and latitude information, language settings.
Log information: information related to your use of certain functions, apps and websites. For example, cookies and other anonymous identifier technologies, IP addresses, temporary message history, standard system logs.
Other information: environmental characteristics value (ECV) (i.e. value generated from Blink Account ID, phone device ID, connected wi-fi ID and location value).
Other information: environmental characteristics value (ECV) (i.e. value generated from Blink Account ID, phone device ID, connected wi-fi ID and location value).
HOW THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
Here are more details on how we use your information (which may include personal information) -
- Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our goods and/or services to you, including after-sales and customer support and for services on your device or through our websites.
- Communicating with you about your device, service or any general queries, such as updates, customer inquiry support, information about our events, notices.
- Conducting marketing related activities, such as providing marketing and promotional materials and updates. For more information on marketing and promotional activities, please refer to the Direct Marketing section below.
- Allowing you to post comments in public forums.
- Conducting promotional activities, such as sweepstakes and Facebook events.
- Analysing and developing statistical information on use of our products and services to better improve our products and services.
- Storing and maintaining information about you for our business operations or legal obligations.
- Setting up your Blink Account. Personal information collected when creating a Mi Account on our web sites or through our mobile devices is used for creating the personal Blink Account and profile page for the user.
- Processing your purchase orders. Information relating to e-commerce orders may be used for processing the purchase order and related after-sales services, including customer support and re-delivery. In addition, the order number is used to cross check the order with the delivery partner as well as the actual delivery of the parcel. The receipt details, including name, address, phone number and postal code are for delivery purposes. The email address is used to send parcel tracking information to the user. The list of purchased item(s) is used for printing the invoice and allowing users to see what is in the parcel.
- Allowing you to participate in Blink Forum. Personal information in relation to the Blink Forum or other Witworks Internet platforms may be used for profile page display, interaction with other users, participating in the forum.
- Providing Blink Cloud and other Witworks services. Information (device or SIM card-related information including MAC address, IMSI number, phone number, device ID, device operating system, MAC Address, device type, system and performance information and location information including mobile country code, mobile network code, location area code and cell identity) is collected for activating Blink services, e.g. Blink Cloud, call log sync, SMS sync, Find Device, for the purposes of user authentication and activation of the services.
- Diagnosing activation failures: Location related information is used for the purpose of assessing SIM card activation failure (i.e. failure of SMS gateway and network) to identify the network operator of that service, and notify the network operator of that failure.
- Providing other services.Other information collected for each of the services may be used for performing the functions of that service, and to facilitate the provision of that service for the benefit of the user, e.g. downloading, updating, registering or performing activities related to Blink services.
- Finding your device: Witworks’s Find Device feature might help you find and secure your device if it is lost or stolen. You can locate your Blink on a map using location information provided by your phone, wipe your phone, or lock your phone. We may collect your location data directly from your mobile device, or in some situations, from cell towers or Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Providing location based services. In the course of using Blink services, location information may also be used by us or Third Party Service Providers to serve you the correct version of the service and provide accurate details about that location for the best possible user experience, e.g. weather details, location access (as part of the Android platform). You may turn this off at any time by going into the device settings or discontinue use of that application.
- Improving user experience. Some opt-in features, such as the User Experience Program, allow Witworks to analyse data about how users use the mobile phone and Blink services, so as to improve the user experience, such as sending crash reports.
- Allowing you to use Security Centre. Information collected may be used for security and system up-keeping functionalities in the Security Centre, such as advertising blocker, virus scan, power saver, blocklist, cleaner, etc. Some of these functionalities are operated by Third Party Service Providers. Information (which is not personal information like virus definition lists) is used for virus scan functions.
- Providing Push Service. Blink Account ID and MAC addresss will also be used to provide the Witworks push service to evaluate advertising performance and send notifications from Marvin about software updates or new product announcements, including information about sales and promotion. You may opt out of this at any time through changing your preferences under "Settings".
- Verifying user identity. Witworks may use the ECV value to verify the user identity and ensure there is no log-in by hackers or unauthorised persons.
- Collecting user feedback.The feedback you choose to provide is valuable in helping Witworks make improvements to our services. In order to follow up on the feedback you have chosen to provide, Witworks may correspond with you using the personal information that you have provided and keep records.
- Sending notices.From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Conducting promotional activities. If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion, e.g. via Witworks’ Facebook page or other social media platforms, we may use the personal information you provide to administer those programs.
- We may use your name, phone number, and email address, Blink Account ID and MAC address to provide marketing materials to you relating to goods and services of Witworks companies and our business partners which offer network, mobile applications and cloud products and services. To provide better user experience, we may recommend above-mentioned products, services and activities based on information about your purchase history, website browsing history, birthday, age, gender, and location. We will only so use your personal data after we have obtained your consent or indication of no objection in accordance with local data protection laws, which may require separate explicit consent. You have the right to opt out of our proposed use of your personal data for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive certain types of email communications you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication. We will not transfer your personal data to our business partners for use by our business partners in direct marketing.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES (ONLY WHEN BROWSING WWW.BLINK.WATCH AND OTHER SUBSIDIARY WITWORKS WEBPAGES)
- What information is collected and how do we use them? Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts are used by Witworks and our Third Party Service Providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Log Files: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we gather about you.
- Advertising:We partner with our Third Party Service Providers to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our Third Party Service Provider may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out.
- Mobile Analytics: Within some of our mobile applications we use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where crashes occur within the application. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
- Local Storage – HTML5/Flash: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Sites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity also use HTML5 or Flash cookies to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tool for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may disclose your personal information on occasion to third parties (as described below) in order to provide the products or services that you have requested.
Disclosure may be made to Third Party Service Providers and affiliated companies listed in this section below. In each case described in this section, you can be assured that Witworks will only share your personal information in accordance with your consent. You should know that when Witworks shares your personal information with a Third Party Service Provider under any circumstance described in this section, Witworks will contractually specify that the third party is subject to practices and obligations to comply with applicable local data protection laws. Witworks will contractually ensure compliance by any Third Party Service Providers with the privacy standards that apply to them in your home jurisdiction.
SHARING WITH OUR GROUP AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
From time to time, in order to conduct business operations smoothly in providing you with the full capabilities of our products and services, we may disclose your personal information from time to time (in communications, social media, technology or cloud businesses), or our third party service providers which are our mailing houses, delivery service providers, telecommunications companies, data centres, data storage facilities, customer service providers, advertising and marketing service providers, agents acting on behalf of Witworks, related corporations, and/or other third parties (together "Third Party Service Providers"). Such Third Party Service Providers would be processing your personal information on Witworks’s behalf or for one or more of the purposes listed above. We may share your IP address with third parties when using certain applications on our device in order to provide you with some of the services you requested. If you no longer wish to allow us to share this information, please contact us at email@example.com
SHARING WITH OTHERS
Witworks may disclose your personal information without further consent when required under applicable law.
INFORMATION NOT REQUIRING CONSENT
- We may share anonymised information and statistics in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website, we may share them trends about the general use of our services, such as the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Witworks may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent if it is and only to the extent it is allowed explicitly under local data protection laws, such as to comply with a subpoena, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
WITWORKS’ SECURITY MEASURES
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on your mobile device and on Witworks websites. We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information.
For example, when you access your Blink Account, you can choose to use our two-step verification process for better security. When you send or receive data from your Witworks device to our servers, we make sure they are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") and other algorithms.
All your personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We classify your data based on importance and sensitivity, and ensure that your personal information has the highest security level. We make sure that our employees and Third Party Service Providers who access the information to help provide you with our products and services are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet such obligations. We have special access controls for cloud based data storage as well. All in all, we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against any unauthorised access and use.
We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
WHAT YOU CAN DO!
- You can play your part in safeguarding your personal information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless such person is duly authorized by you. Whenever you log in as a Blink Account user on Witworks websites, particularly on somebody else's computer or on public Internet terminals, you should always log out at the end of your session.
- Witworks cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party accesses to your personal information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
- Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal information, or remove the means by which the personal information can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal information was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal information and retention is no longer necessary for legal, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements or other business purposes.
ACCESSING OTHER FEATURES ON YOUR DEVICE
Our applications may need access to certain features on your device such as enabling emails to contacts, SMS storage and Wi-Fi network status, as well as other features. This information is used to allow the applications to run on your device and allow you to interact with the applications. At any time you may revoke your permissions by turning these off at the device level or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION!
Witworks recognises that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways Witworks makes available for you to choose to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal information and control your privacy settings:
- Toggle on/off for the User Experience Program and Location Access functions;
- Log in and out of the Blink Account;
- Toggle on/off the Cloud sync functions;
- Delete any information stored on Blink Cloud; and
- Toggle on/off for other services and functionalities which deal with sensitive or personal information.
You may obtain more details in relation to your device’s security status in the MIUI Security Centre as well.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the above mentioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at email@example.com.
ACCESS, UPDATING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any other personal information that we hold about you. When you update your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before we proceed with your request. Once we obtain sufficient information to accommodate your request for access to or correction of your personal information, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws.
- We normally provide such services for free but reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for your data access request.
- If you would like to request access to your personal data held by us or if you believe any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the email address below. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For details relating to the personal information in your Blink Account, you may also access and change them by logging into your account on your device.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information in our possession or control by submitting a request. We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request was made, and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
- Please recognise that your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences. Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal information, it may mean that you will not be able to enjoy Witworks’ products and services.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR JURISDICTION
To the extent that we may need to transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our affiliated companies (which are in the communications, social media, technology and cloud businesses) or Third Party Service Providers, we shall do so in accordance with the applicable laws. In particular, we will ensure that all transfers will be in accordance with requirements under your applicable local data protection laws by putting in place appropriate safeguards.
- We consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our products and services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to require personal information from minors or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category.
- Witworks does not seek or intend to seek to receive any personal information from minors. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided Witworks with personal information without their prior consent, please contact us to ensure that the personal information is removed and the minor unsubscribes from any of the applicable Witworks services.
ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
DO I HAVE TO AGREE TO ANY THIRD PARTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Here are third party terms and privacy policies that apply when you use these specific products:
- By using the Virus Scan feature in the Witworks’ Security Center, you are agreeing to our service partner’s Terms of Service
- By using the Cleaner feature in Witworks’ Security Center, you are agreeing to our service partner’s Privacy
- By using the Google Input Method, you are agreeing to Google’s terms: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy
- By using the SwiftKey Input Method, you are agreeing to SwiftKey’s terms: http://swiftkey.com/en/privacy
- By using the Fleksy Input Method, you are agreeing to Fleksy’s terms: http://feedback.fleksy.com/tos
SOCIAL MEDIA (FEATURES) AND WIDGETS
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to log in to our website using sign-on services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity, provide you the option to share certain personal information (such as your name and email address) with us, and to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
For any further questions or specific queries, please write to us at:
Witworks Consumer Technologies Private Limited
No 19, 1st Floor, 80 Feet Road,
Kormangala 4th Block,
Bangalore 560034, INDIA